Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloods v Eagles match report

+4
billrobs1
merrick
TAAARS
blackandred
8 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Bloods v Eagles match report Empty Bloods v Eagles match report

Post by blackandred Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:57 pm

If you couldn’t get to the footy today and missed the game at Woodville Oval then you can consider yourself lucky.

In their last game of the season the Bloods were completely outclassed by the Eagles who won 21.5 to 10.8.

It’s hard to know what to say about this insipid finale to a forgettable season. Westies players resembled witch’s hats for much of the game as the Eags ran riot. Michael Wundke booted 8 to take out the Ken Farmer medal.

With 5 goals to 1 the game was pretty much over by Q time. At half time Eagles led 9.2 to 3.5 and 3Q time it was 15.2 to 6.6.

Westies gifted a number of goals through poor discipline. In fact it looked as though team structure had totally broken down the way in which some players took matters into their own hands. The captain Chris Schmidt led the way. The word must be out that if you niggle him he will react. Already suspended once this year and lucky to escape sanction when we played Sturt, he played into the hands of the Eagles taggers today.

Keough, so good last week, was smashed by Wundke today. Their forward set up had too much class and experience for players like Durdin, Favretto and Keough. Hartlett played forward in the third Q but had little impact. Our forward set up, with Hayes and Watchman struggled to take a grab and the Eagles were able to sweep the ball clear from defence time and time again.

Our top goalkicker for the game was Shannon Green with 3. What does this say? Lachlan Jenning booted 2 in a useful effort and Hayes chose the last Q of the last game of the year to run into some form and booted 2 in that term.

We were hampered once again by Michael Still not starting and we had kids playing key positions against experienced and bigger bodies. Our disposal was again dreadfull. The number of times we kicked the ball out on the full was embarrassing.

Travis Tuck was our best. His determination and disposal are first rate. Hard to find any other good players.

The 2s went down in similar fashion, 21.8 to 6.6.

A bad day for the club.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Bloods v Eagles match report Empty Re: Bloods v Eagles match report

Post by TAAARS Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:44 pm

I expected this would be the case so chose to "be lucky" and stay well away from Woodville oval today. The signs of things to come for the remainder of the season were there the day we played Glenelg.
I don't know where we go from here? Most supporters can't go through another period of cellar dwelling like in the Weeds era. With no money to recruit and little coming through the juniors we are in trouble. What it is about this club I'm at a loss to know.We have the same disease as St Kilda. Yet it shouldn't be so.We have one of the best clubrooms and oval in the SANFL,close to the CBD to get tourists in to spend money (if only we promoted it) we should be the envy of the league.
I need time away from footy,so glad it is seasons end for us. Whether I feel different in March I don't know. Have a good summer break all you long suffering supporters out there.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:27 am

One thing I cant work out players that retired from the ALF don't come back to the Club to help out, Mark R, TE wards , and I bet Rutten , the Porps that will get delisted at the end of the year. Ive Been going to watch this footy team for the last 45 years and it hasnt changed up there for 1 or2 years and back to the bottom , Norward lost 13 players from last year and are still in with a chance.

This thing a lot of people on the Board are saying we will be better next year, what next year are they talking about ive heard that from since 1983 , and we ARE going to make bid ANCOUNTSMENT AT THE OF THE YEAR HAPPENS EVERY YEAR.

I think I waste my money being a member, not like the good old days, come on, how come every other club except South are in there for a fight EVERY YEAR.

Have a GOOD of season, and just remember we have to expect more of the SAME NEXT YEAR.
merrick
merrick

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:02 am

One last thing Mr Beswick if your club is winning it doesn't matter where it is people will come back after games in a good mood and spend money over the bar, look at The Eagles ,Sturt ,North, South and I live down south and the South Adeliade club is packed when they win , Centrals in back streets get a street map, win games and supporters will come. When all the final between West and port at Adeliade oval there were heaps of WESTIES there , now they have givin up, have a good xmas if I don't post again till next year, Waiting for the BIG promises.
merrick
merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:46 am

My last post for the year...

* we are s**t and the worst team in the comp and there are no visible signs or plans for improvement
* I have read countless posts relating to how we were disadvantaged during the preseason but no one seems to be able to explain WHY WE GOT SO MUCH WORSE DURING THE SEASON????
* I fear for next season and the future of the WAFC.
billrobs1
billrobs1

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:46 am

Random thoughts.

1. I knew we were in for a long day when before the ball was bounced we had the wrong players on the interchange bench.
2. Greeny is the worst kick in the team as a defender but went very well up forward. Never play him as a backmen again.
3. If you can't kick the ball straight then you probably shouldn't kick it close to the boundary line. Kicking it out on the full all day is not acceptable in a league team.
4. While Watchman is a long way off playing league football it does not help kicking it on his head. Numerous times we saw his leads ignored only to kick it to him when he is stationary.
5. While Hayes seems to be getting slower he presented all day and as a third tall would be ok.
6. The love for Keough as the full back of the century is now officially over.
7. Fielke had 11 tackles and Beechy, Homburg, Caire, Harts, Durdin and Nelson got a grand total of ZERO.
8. Nelson and Carter doing a good job in the ruck but both need some more marks around the ground. Once again we won the hitouts and the clearances but this stat doesn't mean much if you lose by so much.
9. I can't believe how many times we kicked some mongrel floaters yesterday. Taite, Caire, Beechy, Schmidt and Fish all need to improve their kicking.
10. Summer training needs to focus on kicking a ball under pressure. If you can't kick you need to find a local club and play there. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:55 am

That's all pretty much on the mark, ST.

Just as well our interchange steward was on the ball and got it right, wasn't it  Cool 

Interesting start, with the Eagles also setting up back to front.

The injured players at the huddle at 3/4 time seemed to include most of our talls. Still, Webb, Hardy, Milne, Kirk, Thompson, and midfielders MacReadie, Stevens and Newell.

You're also right about our skills, they were terrible.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2174

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:18 am

We were never going to win yesterday. ST your post is spot on. 
Our last kick into the forward line was poor all day. 
Need to recruit a couple of players with leg speed that can kick.
Keough is not a full back. He was soundly beaten at every contest against Wundke.
If Hardy gets fit he maybe the answer provided we recruit a key forward

We were also very undisciplined yet again a recurring trait I'm afraid

What a waste of a year and it all started from a poor pre season and a lack of quality recruits
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:23 am

Without wanting to be too negative:

*We played without structure, or a sense of purpose, or any belief, or any discipline or any genuine fight.
*We don't work hard enough.
*We are too slow.
*We have too many poor kicks.

Our talls seem incapable of taking a mark. Watchman seems to have very soft hands, the ruckmen don't ever seem to get into a position to take a field mark,and Hayes was rarely able to lead his opponent to the ball. 90% of his marking contests were made with his oponent on his hammer so that he could easily spoil it. He needed to push off his opponent and/or be quicker. Despite this our sole plan seemed to be to kick it to him and his opponent and wait for the 2 Eagles players nearby to sweep it away.

It's not surprising that players continue to give away undisciplined frees if they're not going to be dragged and rebuked for it the first time. There was a lot not to like but I think the clincher for me was seeing Hartlett stopping and pleading with the umpire for a free while turning his back on the play which was continuing 10-15 yards away. We looked like a horrible mess out there.

The one positive - Green looks like a forward, because he's a good mark and works very hard.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1354

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpion Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:51 pm

I walked out of the ground yesterday thinking to myself it's over for another Season
Should I become a Member next year and toss the towel in YEP thats it I have had a Gutsfull of the Tripe. I have watched over the last UMPTEEN YRS.
But while driving home I had second thoughts that means I wouldn't see some of my friends who I have met over time at Richmond who turn up week in and out

So I say to every Supporter have your Whinge and your opinion. on this site BUT most of all
Turn up next season and become a Member and support your club THEY need us

COACH
I think you have found a new forward (GREENY)
My View
I would like to see Carter loose some weight he has a place in the A grade
Tom Shott will be a very good player with experience,..so to Watchnan
Tom Keough to play C/H/F
M.Middleton to play C/H/B if still with us
Would like to recruit B.Summer WWT would add PACE to our side
Beech to win the B/F
scorpion
scorpion

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:06 am

This the reason I go to the footy is to see my MATES, and yell at the umpires, these guys who have been loyal and that have been going as long as me (30 YEARS) .But they are getting less and less because we aren't winning. They say F this mob ive got better things to DO THAN STANDING IN THE RAIN, F N wake up, I stand in front of the council stand, in the rain while the hi rollers have a great nite or day at the footy of free food on the council, don't get me wrong the West TORRENS council has been good to the club.The TRUE SUPPOUTERS ARE GETTING AND LIKE ME ARE GETTING NO VALUVE FROM OUR MEMBERSHIP, I MOST PROBLEY WOULD GO TO THE CLUB FOR A MEAL AFTER A WINNING GAME, BUT THAT DOESNT HAPPEN MUCH,Kanta u where at the Eagles Help us fix it.
merrick
merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down