Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloods v Blues match report

+18
aldo russian
westiesforever
merrick
LukeO9
firstblood
dl550
bundy
testy
Audamus
blacky
greaser
Lachlan
Mark Beswick
billrobs1
Thiele
TAAARS
redandblack
blackandred
22 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bloods v Blues match report - Page 2 Empty Re: Bloods v Blues match report

Post by greaser Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:38 pm

Second Team wrote:

Forwardline with even numbers and quick ball movement.

not often you see harts in full forward... how bad did the crowd want him to get a goal to stick it up coad
greaser
greaser

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by dl550 Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:42 pm

The umpiring was an absolute farce yesterday, both ways, but especially against us.

I've been to 3 or 4 matches this year where that bald headed one has umpired, and he has been against us every game. Most of the other umpires are 50/50 with their decision throughout the match, but this guy barely gave us a free all day. Everytime he blew the whistle you knew which way it was going to go. Especially in the last quarter he only had eyes for one team. I can name at least 5 goals against us which were attributed to poor umpiring:

1.) The sturt guy that ran from about 10 meters inside the center square to 5 meters inside 50m Arc without taking a bounce and kicked a goal. I thought the rule was 15 meters before you had to bounce, not 30 meters.....go and look at it on the recovery session highlights, it was that blatant.

2.) Webb's mark in second quarter in the goal square. right in front of me. Perfect use of the body to get Mcleay out of the way, and umpire called hands in the back. He used his body, not his hands. That would have been a certain goal.

3.) The Sturt goal in 3rd Quarter where they paid 3 free kicks in a row in 3 consecutive contests for hands in the back. Sturt were able to take the ball from half back to the goal square through 3 free kicks.

4.) Coad's free kick off the ball about 2 seconds into the match which he converted Sturts only goal for about the first 40 minutes of the match.

5.) The last Quarter when Wilson blatantly pushed the West player in the back with hands on the outer side, ran to the ball, and icked it to the top of the square where the ball fell to ground and Sturt scored. Again you can see this on the recovery session highlights.

As i said there were poor decisions both way...Not to mention the blatant mark Coad took at the top of the square in the last quarter and umpire didn't pay it. That one is also on the recovery session in slow motion.

I don't normally get that worked up with the umpires, but i am fed up with that bald guy crucifying us every single time we play them.

Apart from that, it was a gutsy win by the boys, and i probably enjoyed that even more than many other wins, even in previous seasons when we've had much more success. Especially the way our boys had the umpires and the Sturt fans against them. I thought it was disrespectful to hear Schmidt being jeered everytime he got the ball, considering he is the captain of the club.

I was worried when Sturt hit the front, i thought it would be the third home match I've seen this year where we led at 3 quarter time (North, Norwood) and were going to get over run and lose.

How Aaron Anderson has been sitting in the reserves all year i don't know.....Homburg is a much improved player also.
dl550
dl550

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:53 pm

We actually had 6 shots in the first quarter against Central too, ST.

I'm constantly amazed that you think we play an attacking style whenever we win, but a defensive style whenever we lose.

It's not that simple

We've won 3 of our last 4 and we certainly didn't suddenly decide to plsy a different game style just for the Central game.

Game style is about a lot more than whether we play 5 or 6 forwards.  It's about pressure on the ball carrier, about pushing up in defence, about getting the ball deep inside 50, about run, about stoppage set-ups and a dozen or more other issues.

It's also about what the opposition do and what pressure they put on us.

I'll guarantee one thing, though.  If you asked any coach in the SANFL what he would like from his group, there would only be one answer - that they come ready to play.

Anyway, regardless of game plans or whatever, it was a great coaching effort by Mark this week to again win a game few expected us to win.

We've now beaten the top two teams in our last three games.  I give credit to Mark and the players for that and will continue to happily back them in.

If that means I don't understand the game plan, so be it, I'm just happy with the win.

Finally, though, I was totally rapt with Jonno Beech's game. I thought Daniel Webb really stood up, Logan Hill's job on Kirkwood was great and how good was it to see Aaron Anderson back and playing so well?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick the thing backwards.
redandblack
redandblack

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:07 pm

I think Mark made the right decision with Hardy too! He has played a string of games now and with a new preseason (2015), I think he could be a boom recruit. The important thing has been that he has played league again this year and his recovery after games has been improving each time. The rest for the sturt game with a bye to follow up was well conceived by Mark and paid off on a very heavy ground on the weekend. Beech was magnificent.

I also agree with a post about Ando. Great contribution in a very tough game.
To think we could have beaten eagles and north at home earlier in the year bar for so many injuries and underdone players which cost us leg-power in those last quarters.

We have taken the scalps of the Crows, Power and Sturt in the back half of the year - The crows side in the past six weeks has been strong - We do slip between the more defensive game-plan of Collo and the run-with game Mark wants. This is evident when we lose that forward structure when we get tired later in games.

One cant question the efforts of our guys at home this year. We had injuries in that last quarter and wiled our way to a victory - We also have one of the most inexperienced lists when you compare 50+ gamers across the clubs. Holding our list and adding some outside pace and finishers (along with a solid preseason in 2015) should fill us with a lot of confidence and who knows, a strong finish to the last 4 games this year and anything is possible.
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:01 pm

greaser wrote:did harts really punch a sturt supporter at the northern end as someone has suggested on facebook?! what a legend!

West Adelaide defender Adam Hartlett has had a charge of misconduct referred directly to the SANFL Tribunal after an incident with a spectator at City Mazda Stadium on Saturday.

It is alleged Hartlett pushed a spectator during the third term of the clash against Sturt, with the SANFL’s Incident Review Panel determining the incident must be ‘’referred directly to the SANFL tribunal for determination in accordance with SANFL Tribunal Rules.’’

Hartlett, who has four matches from previous suspensions on his record, will have prior convictions taken into account by the SANFL Tribunal.

The matter will be heard at Adelaide Oval from 5.30pm on Tuesday.
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by greaser Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:30 pm

the big man is in a bit of trouble based on the video
greaser
greaser

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rYbPlM9M70

Lucky the guy didn't get a punch in the head. Very brave being on the other side of the fence. He deserves to be named and shamed. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:49 pm

All the players accolades for the Sturt game I agree with, but I'd like to add Josh Schiller to the list.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:07 pm

Is anyone having trouble loading this web site
merrick
merrick

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:10 pm

Yep. It's very slow
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by greaser Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:22 pm

3 matches for hartlett. not a good outcome but i guess he was never going to get off lightly.
greaser
greaser

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:24 pm

merrick wrote:Is anyone having trouble loading this web site

I thought it was just my computer, it is very slow
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:27 pm

All ok here but that could be that i have NBN ??
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:36 pm

YES
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:48 pm

greaser wrote:3 matches for hartlett. not a good outcome but i guess he was never going to get off lightly.

What did Luke Grant get. He should be banned for the rest of the year. For three weeks Harts should have dragged his sorry arse over the fence and seen how tough he was then. West have been ripped off with that decision.  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Is luke grant the same guy that was involved in the Lee Treaby incident.
merrick
merrick

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by greaser Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:52 pm

luke grant should be banned from SANFL games for at least a whole season, second offence. too bad there is no MRP for spectators!
greaser
greaser

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:59 pm

A big blow to our finals chances. Harts has been very good this year.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick the thing backwards.
redandblack
redandblack

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by westiesforever Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:01 pm

Spewing, disappointed for harts and the team. This Luke Grant bloke should be banned for a spell , he is clearly a trouble maker and needs to be taught a lesson . Does anyone know what the clown said to set harts off like that it must've been pretty bad
westiesforever
westiesforever

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:31 pm

merrick wrote:Is anyone having trouble loading this web site
We Apologize for the slow loading of the forum.. we have had a small server issue and hopefully back to full steam soon.
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:03 am

I have a lot of respect for Hartlett as a player and I know he is a good bloke off the field. He has stood up this year since we lost 3 key defenders but....
* how long is the club to put up with his lack of discipline?
* why should the rest of the team and its supporters be impacted just because he has anger management issues?
* I know we are all human and the average bloke would have loved to have snotted this pissed idiot (and half his pissed idiot mates!!) but he is a semi professional footballer....now every half wit will think they can get in his ear every game!!!!

Every one deserves a second chance but how many chances has he had now?? I think one more strike and your out.

MM must send a strong message to his team....hard at the ball, hard at the man but you must remain disciplined and accountable to your mates and the club. If you wont be you are out!!!

As for the supporter who racially vilified a Sturt Player, we should never let this person attend another game at Richmond Oval. Not only is vilifying someone on the grounds of their race is disgusting, it cuts to the core of everything this club stands for. The Bloods is a club for everyone, regardless of who or what they are. We should all feel ashamed and embarrassed this person is a Bloods Supporter.

billrobs1
billrobs1

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:59 am

Agreed. At the very least, the club can't simply leave Hartlett in the leadership group.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1343

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:47 am

I think it is reasonable to expect a player to ignore spectators abusing them from the stands but this guy was 30 cm from his face. You have a dickhead moving towards you, abusing you and you are supposed to be nice. Rubbish. If this guy did this out on the street he would have had his head punched in. Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Hartlett continues to be undisciplined. Nothing has changed unfortunately for Adam since returning to the club.
I have stated many times that he is a terrific talent and when is career ends he will look back and think what if.

He could have played State footy this year but he was suspended and missed the first three games of the yr.
Agree with Aldo his time is up in the leadership group

I'm sure the Sturt supporter is a total DH and he  had been abusing Hartlett all day but that happens at every footy match. As a player you need to rise above that
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:33 pm

All footballers should be aware that there are some morons in the stands/terraces and totally ignore them. After all you wouldn't expect them to do what someone in the crowd told them to would you?
Adam has a brain fade every year and I think it is time he was shipped out now, or at the very least given a final warning. No matter how good a player you are you are no good to your team sitting in the stands.
I did hear earlier in the season he had a $1000 bet with his mother he wouldn't get reported this year. If true I hope she takes it off him and he learns a lesson.
As for the moron moving toward him,so what? there was a fence between them.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum