TAAARS
bruce cameron
Lee Harradine
8 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Logan Hill retires on game 200 Empty Logan Hill retires on game 200

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:10 pm

Logan Hill has announced Saturday's game will be his last.

I've written a small tribute on the Club's Facebook page
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2009

Back to top Go down

Logan Hill retires on game 200 Empty Re: Logan Hill retires on game 200

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:36 pm

I also believe that tomorrow is the last game as Team Manager for Patrick O'Driscoll, known to all as 'Pods'.

Pods did much for Westies during his time as President of the Mallee Football League and then succeeded me as League Team Manager, where he excelled.

Although the focus will rightly be on Logan, I hope Pods' service will be recognised, as too many volunteers don't get much recognition from the Club.

Thanks for everything, Pods.

Right you are!!
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:10 pm

What a fitting end for Hillie. Congrats on 200 games and an outstanding contribution to our club.
It was most pleasing to see Nick Steele take responsibility for the set shot, which was just within his range.
It's always good to win the close ones, but especially satisfying to get up against Norwood.
After an extremely frustrating year, it has been great to finish with a bit of a flourish. (3 wins out of our last 5 matches)
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 358
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:06 pm

It was a great win! I have not heard the West faithful get so noisy in the last qtr for years.
Surely Adam Hartlett must coach us next year? The players go all out for him and he will try new moves and play the kids if they appear ready. I am assuming he had some influence in team selection the last month or so.
Our last 5 games have been good. 3 wins and 2 close losses against the top side and 4th.
If we can recruit 2 or 3 good senior players and our kids get some games in them at senior level who knows what can happen in 2023 and beyond?
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:40 pm

if Nick Steele never plays another game for West Adelaide, he will not be forgotten!

I've not felt this buoyant after a game since that arctic rainy Friday night at the parade that ended a dismal 2020 season.
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:34 pm

Great win today and really a good last 6 weeks. Harts to coach In 23?
Pity I couldn’t make it but good to watch on the sanflnow app …… until the broad cast ended with Steele’s goal and the game still going!!!
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:42 am

Lethal - yesterday was your birthday present enjoy my friend

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 958
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:05 pm

A great fighting win by the players yesterday. I thought our first qrt was very good and we should have been further in front at the 1/4 time break.
Norwood then we’re the dominant side for the next 2 qrts.
In the last qrt I thought we controlled the game but we didn’t have a genuine key forward which has been a problem for far too long.

It wasn’t a great game to watch it was slog with both sides having over 80 tackles. Norwood played a very defensive game which included Hartlett being tagged for most of the match.

We certainly have improved in the past 5 or 6 matches with Hartlett doing the majority of the coaching. He came down from the coaches box briefly in the second qrt to the dug out and he was very angry giving a genuine spray to a couple of players when they came to the bench.

Joel Stevens I thought was our best, he’s had a very good year. Josh Gore has been a good recruit and he would be an even better player if he had a couple of genuine Key Forwards to help him. His move into the midfielder in the second half was pivotal. Maguire was also good he’s done well at half forward this year, he just lacks a yard of pace at SANFL Level to play in the midfield.
Hamish Hartlett was once again high in our best players.
Copper Patterson playing his first game didn’t look out of place in defence.

The club has done well over the past 6 weeks, but we need to recruit
1. A Key Forward
2. An Experienced Ruckman
3. Two Quality Midfielders.

We desperately need to keep Keough and perhaps Beech next year.

You would think Hartlett will be our next coach.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 948

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:27 am

Great win and a really stirring finish, and well done to the noisy fans who helped get us over the line. We didn't play as well as we did against North but Norwood applied more pressure and are a bit more defensive I think. As lachlan said, we should have been 6 goals up at 1/4 time if not for misses by Maguire, Squire and Steele twice.

Joel Stevens was outstanding, Hartlett, Gore and Meline the best of the others I reckon. Still lots of holes in our side and I hope our finish to the season doesn't lead the club to think we're further advanced than we are. We have, after all, just won our 4th spoon in a row. And a team that won 9 games didn't make the five, so we've got a long way to go still.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down