Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cut Backs

+11
Mark Beswick
Lachlan
markdreher
redandblack
testy
Thiele
aldo russian
TAAARS
blackandred
bundy
scorpion
15 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cut Backs Empty Cut Backs

Post by scorpion Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:22 am

Talking with the Postie last night, he said, with the Membership, they have TAKEN AWAY the MEAL deal
Buy one get one free,so I checked the Membership Package and it's TRUE

To have Member's stay back after home games, you have to GIVE some thing, WHAT !!!
F*&K. IF I NO,  maybe 1/2 price drinks 6pm to 7pm   after the game ?????

Has any body any other Suggestions  Question Question Question Question
scorpion
scorpion

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Cut Backs Empty Re: Cut Backs

Post by bundy Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:43 am

Club Member

Adult $50 | Concession $40
> Members loyalty card *new members only
> Discount on food and beverages
> Members lanyard and plastic card holder *new members only
> Members badge, sticker, WAFC Member Socks & WAFC Jelly Beans
> Voting rights at AGM
> e-Annual Report & e-Newsletters *when email address is provided
> 10% Discount on selected Club merchandise
> Support the WAFC Futures Fund add $30

Yeah the cap has gone now we get JELLYBEANS and a PAIR OF SOCKS
Why not give us peanuts thats what chimps are fed.No real incentive for my membership.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:51 pm

With apologies to John McEnroe - 'you cannot be serious'!!
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:28 pm

You sold our soul now you are selling your members short.WAFC Wake up and smell the roses,you are really treaty members like sh#t.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:14 am

Well I usually buy a silver membership but am seriously considering letting it go and just pay at the gate this year to any games I attend. Gone from the benifits are the 2 AFL games for 2 people we used to get due to the SANFL selling the licenses back, 2 for 1 meal, cap,scarf etc and a shortened season anyway. Can't see much value in it frankly. Anyone that blindley just pays up without question is a fool in my opinion just as those that never shop around for insurance every time the premium goes up are.
In my opinion the decision to allow the AFL teams into the SANFL was a grave mistake. And I am sad to say Westies supported it.
Now the league will be beggars to the AFL and do whatever the AFL wishes as they will control the purse strings. Just where will SANFL clubs get new members from in the future? Once us oldies die off supporters/member numbers will die with us. There is no need now for any kid to have a SANFL team they can just follow their choice of AFL side over both comps.
Even the TV rights are a joke. My prediction is channel 7 will be mainly televising games with 1 of the AFL sides in it. Because as a commercial network they need advertising $'s and the biggest number of viewers are ofcourse the AFL clubs ( tv does not care about attendances just viewers). The shame of this is the SANFL actually pays Channel 7 and McGuire media $100,000's each year to shaft itself.
Imagine if that same money had been given to community TV such as channel 44 in partnership with the SANFL to allow them to buy enough equiptment and skills so they could have televised 3 games each week..Fri night ,Sat and Sun. That would do more to promote the SANFL than 7 mate!
I believe eventually SANFL clubs will merge with amatuer clubs and in time be taken over by them.
I'm disgusted my club was amongst the 6 that sold us out.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Well, just to go against the trend, I'm one of your 'fools' TAARS. I don't want anything for my membership, I just want my money to go to my club. Frankly I don't see how we can make anything out of a $50 membership when we give so much stuff away anyway. The club has been/is going through difficult financial times and people are jumping up and down about a cap?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1343

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Aldo, that was what I was trying to say in my somewhat ambiguous post above. You said it better.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpion Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:57 pm

To keep the Club Prosperous it requires MONEY from Sponsors and Member's

A SCENARIO

We have let's say 1800 members, at a home game if not Televised we should get at least 1500
to the game, if the majority  of them stayed back at the club and spent $50.00  that would be a good day for the club alone

The sad thing is a small majority of the members stay back
Now if the Club could entice more members to stay back by giving them an offer which would
benefit THEM well I think all Parties would be Happy.

Curiosity how many members on this site Stay Back... I DO
scorpion
scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:40 pm

I think they plan to have the Netball girls back for there Preso and maybe a band or a DJ after that..

I stay back

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 667

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:57 pm

aldo russian wrote:Well, just to go against the trend, I'm one of your 'fools' TAARS. I don't want anything for my membership, I just want my money to go to my club. Frankly I don't see how we can make anything out of a $50 membership when we give so much stuff away anyway. The club has been/is going through difficult financial times and people are jumping up and down about a cap?

I am with you aldo, $50.00 for the basic membership is $15.00 cheaper than last year, but no mention of that of coarse. So the 2 for 1 meal deal is gone, big deal, a member can still get a meal using there members card at a reduced price and all drinks using the members card are reduced in cost also.

For $50.00 what do people expect, I have always thought that being a member of my club which I love, to be a sort of donation to the club to help keep it alive, not looking for "what can I get" for my money.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Proud member since 1978
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:01 am

I don't give a toss about a cap either really but my real gripe is the way our club just takes its members for granted. I usually buy a silver membership @ $155 plus I would put in the extra $30 donation = $185 not $50 in my case. Though the way I feel at the moment that will stay in my pocket. I am still furious that we members never got to have a say or vote (even a poll on the west website) about the AFL joining the SANFL. Sperling and 5 other commisioners just decided for us. Now its my turn to decide if I want to renew my membership or not.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:17 pm

I agree with you TARRS about the infiltrators from the AFL coming into our comp. but it all came down to money that each club (SANFL) will get each year from those 2 clubs.

In the current economical climate it was just to much to pass up.

testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:01 am

I'm a Life Memberand I buy a Westonians membership, even though I can't really make much use of it, due to volunteering at the time the lunches and after game freebies are on.

I also buy another membership, to help the club. I can understand people perhaps not being in a position to afford a membership, but I do find it difficult to understand deciding not to renew based on a small perceived drop in value.

I'd be a member if I got nothing for the $50.

Kick the thing backwards.
redandblack
redandblack

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by markdreher Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:35 pm

redandblack wrote:I'm a Life Memberand I buy a Westonians membership, even though I can't really make much use of it, due to volunteering at the time the lunches and after game freebies are on.

I also buy another membership, to help the club.  I can understand people perhaps not being in a position to afford a membership, but I do find it difficult to understand deciding not to renew based on a small perceived drop in value.

I'd be a member if I got nothing for the $50.

As a country member I certainly do this as well as my 2 teenage boys.

I get to 1 game a year if I am lucky but it is what I do to help the bloods family that has provided a lot of pain and enjoyment over the years
markdreher
markdreher

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:59 pm

I am a silver member and will be renewing this before the start of the season
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Welcome to the Forum, MD.

Let us know next time you come to a game and you'll be among friends.

Kick the thing backwards.
redandblack
redandblack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:17 pm

I renewed as PP&O and joined my wife up as a $50 member for the first time -

We need the $$$
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by markdreher Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:54 am

redandblack wrote:Welcome to the Forum, MD.

Let us know next time you come to a game and you'll be among friends.

Thanks R&B it will be good to put some faces to the names . It would be most appreciated
markdreher
markdreher

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:14 pm

The club announced a $75,000 profit for last season.

brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by 113 Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:12 am

I renewed my Bronze membership and supported the "on the bench"fund, I want to support my club both physically and financially, hat or no hat ,one free meal or no free meal

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:58 pm

TAAARS wrote:I don't give a toss about a cap either really but my real gripe is the way our club just takes its members for granted. I usually buy a silver membership @ $155 plus I would put in the extra $30 donation = $185 not $50 in my case. Though the way I feel at the moment that will stay in my pocket. I am still furious that we members never got to have a say or vote (even a poll on the west website) about the AFL joining the SANFL. Sperling and 5 other commisioners just decided for us. Now its my turn to decide if I want to renew my membership or not.

Come on Biggles get on board for this year, you are red and black through and through.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpion Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:36 pm

If my Memory is right
2 years ago you paid $175 .00 (for Membership) and received
A Seat in the G/Stand
A Card with Entry to all SANFL Games (not Finals)
2 Free games of either Crows or Power
A car park on the Premises
2 for one Meal Deal
A card that when you Bought 6 serves at the BBQ you received next 1 for free

Last year
I can't remember the Price
The same as Above... MINUS a seat in the G/Stand

This Year
Silver Member
Adult $155 | Concession $95
> 1 x Club Membership
> 1 x Season Ticket
> 1 x South-Western car park pass on game days *subject to availability
> Support the WAFC Futures Fund add $30

MINUS The 2 for 1 deal
The card for the BBQ
There are 2 Less games SANFL

Now they Want you to Donate $30.00 to the Club  as a EXTRA (Futures Fund)
I bet the Prices of Food and Beverages go up
AS I SAID to get MEMBERS to stay back you have to give something NOT take things away

After all this I WILL be paying my Membership next week
scorpion
scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:14 pm

I'm sure the loss of much of the above has everything to do with our financial position - I cant see these privileges returning until we are get our finances in a more favorable position - Looks like we are turning the corner BUT we have a long way to go
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Good on you, Scorps, you're a True Blood  Very Happy
redandblack
redandblack

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:02 pm

well guys I am a life member of this great club
I will pay my $15 for past players membership
have been a member for a bloody long time and I remember the days when we got nothing
I don't care if I get a hat or a scraf or what ever
 Very Happy 
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum: