Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 12 v Eagles

+10
MR BLOODHOUND
LukeO9
loppy19
RODH2
Wolf Pack
Lachlan
bruce cameron
Claret Pedigree
mikeme
Lee Harradine
14 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 12 v Eagles - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 12 v Eagles

Post by loppy19 Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:06 pm

At this rate we should be in winning form by about December….
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Claret Pedigree Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:38 pm

Gee, even the coach is upbeat about our predicament. Trying isn't enough. I think we won 3 of the 4 quarters on Saturday. You'd think he'd get the arse at end of season based on the performance of the team. The only hope is that we beat Centrals, possible South? to crawl off the bottom by end of year.
Claret Pedigree
Claret Pedigree

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:23 pm

Who is in a position to give the Coach the arse, P.C. they'd all be protecting their own arses!!? I'm sure there are good people in some positions at the club, but whatever they are doing it is not working.
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 363

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:09 pm

“I can’t wait to get started & to the supporters get behind the club as I can see exciting times ahead.”

That is what Brad Gotch said upon being appointed as Senior Coach in November 2020.
19 months down the track, he has a 2 win and 27 loss record.
His contract finishes at the end of the season. It would be surprising if he was to be reappointed.
Who knows, maybe he doesn’t even want to continue…..
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 782

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:16 am

He also said at the start of this season that last year was "an observation year", as if to remove any requirement that we actually improve. I don't reckon you get an 'observation year'. If he watched the club's games from the previous season (which are available at all levels) he would have seen all he needed to in order to work out who's up to it and what most of the problems are.
I wonder what this year will be called.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1343

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:40 am

aldo russian wrote:He also said at the start of this season that last year was "an observation year", as if to remove any requirement that we actually improve. I don't reckon you get an 'observation year'. If he watched the club's games from the previous season (which are available at all levels) he would have seen all he needed to in order to work out who's up to it and what most of the problems are.
I wonder what this year will be called.

The year of transformational change.
According to the Advertiser interview this year has been about transformational change.

The club has been down for a while and we recognise that transformational change is hard and confronting but I cannot fault the players’ attitude or training standards, so my message has been to be patient.
We are getting better and will reap the rewards before too long.

Obviously, this hasn't happened yet, despite the players ... taking everything on board. There are seven games remaining in season 2022, not much time for the transformational change to kick in. I haven't noticed any transformational change yet, and if there has been any improvement it certainly hasn't been transformational. We average approximately 9 goals per match which is not going to win us any games. As loppy19 pointed out, at this rate we should be in winning form by about December….
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:15 pm

Reserves Report from Ryan Anderson

I've enjoyed Ryan's reports throughout the year, they're informative and honest.

Unfortunately, an unsatisfactory showing by the reserve boys on Saturday. We need to go to work and look at plenty of areas that have slipped away over the last three weeks. Our starts have been very disappointing, especially on the weekend where we let Eagles got out to a 7 goal to 1 start.

Mostly unfortunate was that a lot of the goals were through no fault but our own, which means we will go to work and educate the boys on areas of our game that need addressing for us to get back in the winners circle.

As a group we addressed a few areas after the game, and explained that when you’re in a form slump you need to dig deep and look at every area of growth possible. We will spend the upcoming week looking at ways as a group to improve and not sugar coat the areas that have cost us over the last three weeks. We are a young group, but we will stand up and realise football isn’t always like it was in the first half of the season for us. We will do this as a collective group as this squad started the year with a determination to make our football club as successful as it can be.

Even though it wasn’t our day, we still showed some incredible fight and resilience to get back into the contest, only trailing by 1 goal in the last term. Our ability to never give in can never be questioned.

Cade Kennedy impressed in the midfield with 35 touches and 2 goals. Reed Stevens did some quality work around the stoppages. It was great to see Luke Redfern back from injury, and he showed his ability to take the game on with his leg speed. Nick Steele worked incredibly hard throughout the day as a forward. It was also great to see the return of Josh Ryan from his concussion injury that has troubled him for the first half of the season.

Like I said we will get our hands dirty and get to work. Expect a better showing from the reserve boys this coming weekend against Sturt.

Ryan Anderson

Reserves Coach

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:16 pm

2 points: Surely Cade Kennedy should debut next week?

Second, he was best and the website spelled his name incorrectly.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:20 pm

Prefer reading the reserves report compared to the league one which comes across as fanciful, repetitive and fails to address the reality we see dished up week after week.
Gotch needs to go, has been a dismal failure with little improvement to date.
Board should also go, but probably won’t as everything’s sweet apparently
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2