Lee Harradine
aldo russian
15 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rd 8 West v South - Page 2 Empty Re: Rd 8 West v South

Post by bloodzfan Mon May 30, 2022 1:49 pm

I thought the backs held up well considering how many times the ball went in the defensive 50. Brand once again brilliant, thought hill going down hurt but thought morrish was good on menzie who’s been tipped to go mid season
bloodzfan
bloodzfan

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue May 31, 2022 3:49 pm

Coach's Report:

League - Round 8 2022
Flinders University Stadium, Saturday 28th May, 2:10pm
South Adelaide
West Adelaide
Full Time

A very interesting first quarter at Noarlunga with both teams feeling each other out and giving no leeway sees South kick 4 behinds to our 3 behinds indicating both had come to play some serious football.

The 2nd quarter was the opposite with both teams kicking 5 goals and Westies playing some of their best footy of the year. Can you believe it? Unfortunately for our confidence and belief we pull back 2 goals late in the 2nd where we lead by the solitary point [though it was our 2nd highest half time score apart from Centrals in Round 2].

After the break Brooksby lifted in the Ruck and in 8 minutes South kick 3 majors without us having an inside 50 entry. From there we battle hard using our secret weapon Tom Keough into the backline to steady the ship and pull back 2 Goals to 3 for the rest of the quarter to stay in touch at ¾ time; 22 points adrift.

I still felt we were in the game and from the first Centre bounce of the 4th quarter Keough to Beech & unfortunately he misses from 35m out & from there South steady to win by 30 points.

Still another step forward for us as we develop, and considering Josh Ryan was a late withdrawal, the way we played was enough to suggest we are not far away from any team. Very pleased with mid-fielders Hamish Hartlett, Josh Carmichael, Lachie Squire and Joel Stevens, although Brooksby [South] dominated the ruck hit outs. Josh Gore with 4 goals as a small forward was outstanding again and is gaining some real consistency. Sam May returned and was inspirational with his courage down back along with Callum Park as was Kaiden Brand with 10 spoils.

We intend to keep chipping away in pursuit of that consistent four quarter performance which will hopefully give us our best chance to taste success, hope to see many of you at Glenelg supporting the team.

Best: Joel Stevens, Josh Gore, Sam May

Goals: Josh Gore (4), Josh Carmichael, Hamish Ellem, Lucas Meline, Joel Stevens

Brad Gotch

League Coach
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue May 31, 2022 3:59 pm

So this 5 goal loss to an injury ravaged bottom 5 side was 'another step forward' and suggests 'we are not far away from any team'. If this was another step forward I assume we must be walking towards a cliff.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1234

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Tue May 31, 2022 6:34 pm

aldo russian wrote:So this 5 goal loss to an injury ravaged bottom 5 side was 'another step forward' and suggests 'we are not far away from any team'. If this was another step forward I assume we must be walking towards a cliff.

Have to agree, Aldo. I just don't see what the coach is seeing. His arguments are illogical. We struggle to kick more than 7 or 8 goals, not enough to win most games of football. On Saturday, we were held to just 3 goals in three-quarters of football, against an injury-riddled South which had only won 3 games and was in 7th place. South kicked 10 of the last 13 goals. The goal we scored in the last quarter was from a free kick. Gore, a small forward, kicked half of our score. Our forwards again failed to take contested marks. We had a lot of passengers. Another step forward to our 4th consecutive wooden spoon.

Furthermore, the report is again full of errors, mainly grammatical, but also factual. (Can you believe it?) eg South did not lead by 1 pt at quarter time. After the disgraceful report dished up after the North Adelaide game, I would have thought that steps should have been taken to rectify this issue. Apparently not.

PS
Grammarly is a free download.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 358
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Tue May 31, 2022 7:26 pm

Every league coaches report this year has been totally unprofessional.
How a SANFL League club can allow those reports to be posted on our website is unbelievable
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 948

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:59 am

Yeah the reports read almost the same every week, poorly and fanciful. They certainly do not read of a club striving for success and unprepared to accept the poor performance on field. There is nothing other than, we are on the right track, close to success and please keep coming to the games (even though we lose every week and play poor, often hard to watch footy).
I have been watching footy for around 40 years, my report of most West games this year woud read quite differently than what the coach is writing. As for the grammar etc., seems about as unprofessional as most things at West these days.
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:31 pm

I would like to hear something from the club as to how we are standing.

With reports of no staff, office closures and automated 'phone diversions along with no wins, it's worrying and it would be good to be reassured.

The crowd for our last game was.....................

Previously 1122 the week before.  Our crowds will be inflated by the one-off Loxton game (credit for that to the CEO and Board), but it's obvious even the most loyal supporters are dropping off.

On a better note, this week is Tom Keough's 150th.

I remember Tom's first game and he's been a loyal and brilliant player for us over a long period, as well as being a first-class person.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2