Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 5 v. North

+11
GoBloods
loppy19
Bottle Top
RODH2
Claret Pedigree
Oldfella
bruce cameron
Lachlan
Lee Harradine
Wolf Pack
aldo russian
15 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Round 5 v. North - Page 3 Empty Re: Round 5 v. North

Post by aldo russian Mon May 02, 2022 3:24 pm

There are more question marks in it than there are over our club. What is it, a draft?
I like the radical idea at 3/4 time of trying to 'close the gap more on the scoreboard'. He could be onto something there.
And the approach from now on? We're going to "keep chipping away". I hope he's more inspiring with the players.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1343

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Mon May 02, 2022 4:50 pm

There is no way Gotch wrote that report. The way it is written is very poor.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Mon May 02, 2022 5:27 pm

aldo russian wrote:There are more question marks in it than there are over our club. What is it, a draft?
I like the radical idea at 3/4 time of trying to 'close the gap more on the scoreboard'. He could be onto something there.
And the approach from now on? We're going to "keep chipping away". I hope he's more inspiring with the players.

I have just read the report and don't know whether to laugh or cry. I believe that the players do have a decent crack, most of the time. (exceptions being the second halves against Centrals and Norwood)

Our main problem is that we have nowhere near enough league standard players and the game plan gives the team little chance of competing against higher skilled and more experienced outfits. Our average goal tally since Gotch took over is 8, which will not win us many/any games. Our ball movement is far too slow to put the opposition under any real pressure. From kick ins, we short pass sideways and even backwards with the result that we put ourselves under pressure. Invariably we end up kicking to a boundary contest which results in a stoppage. Surely, our best chance of scoring more often is to move the ball quickly by foot so that we generate more inside 50s and hopefully more one on one contests. We have a defensive mindset, which means that once we get behind it is almost impossible for us to catch up. It is pointless going more offensive once the game is lost. If we don't change the way we play then we will continue to get the same results. Brand is arguably our best mark and has played forward previously. If moving him (or other defenders) forward results in even larger losing margins, so what. We are never going to get off the bottom unless we can kick a competitive score. The season's gone as far as playing for a final 5 spot, so we have nothing to lose. Playing a longer attacking game might have a positive impact on the playing group (it might inspire them) and kicking more goals would certainly be more entertaining for spectators. Can the coaching group please try something different. Chipping away at the same game plan is not the way to significantly change our results.

A poster on this forum recently complained about a lack of professionalism by the club when submitting reports. Like the poster, I don't want to seem pedantic, but this is something the club has control over. Whether it be coaches' reports, annual reports or posts on the web page, there are far too many grammatical errors. Maybe, the club needs to find a proof reader/editor from somewhere.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Mon May 02, 2022 5:36 pm

Bruce,

I agree with you 100% on both the current and proposed
game styles.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by bludntars Mon May 02, 2022 6:54 pm

why not get sanfl to take us over and get us on the proper track as seems we have lost the plot
bludntars
bludntars

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Mon May 02, 2022 7:07 pm

bludntars wrote:why not get sanfl to take us over and get us on the proper track as seems we have lost the plot
They already do that's why we have lost the plot
We have been heading this way for years even before we change the board
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by GoBloods Mon May 02, 2022 8:05 pm

Re: Round 5 v. North by aldo russian Yesterday at 11:13 pm
I don't think lack of effort is the problem. The players look like they're working pretty hard to me

Looks can be deceiving Aldo and working hard means working hard both ways. Midfield and half forwards are only running one way. North mids had a field day running the overlap and using the centre corridor for quick entry into their I50 with our players not running with them. Have a look at the mids possessions with the exception of one and it wreaks not of hard work. Half forward line were content to let North run it out far to easy on turnovers in our I50. Man V man all over the ground when we don’t have possession will expose the passengers.
Agree with Bruce Cameron re offensively and direct football. After reading the coaches report I must admit I thought it was a mock post from Oldfella at first read. Gotch must respond with an action and if he doesn’t elect to go man V man then I am guessing he is going to name a midfield group we haven’t seen collectively this season?

GoBloods
GoBloods

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Tue May 03, 2022 3:40 pm

aldo russian wrote: ... What is it, a draft? ...

It must have been. The club has posted an improved version on the website, however there are still several errors. Hopefully, as we go forward, this will improve.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3