Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 3 v Eagles

+15
merrick
LukeO9
Coolie
Oldfella
bludntars
bundy
loppy19
bruce cameron
aldo russian
Wolf Pack
MR BLOODHOUND
blackandred
TAAARS
Lee Harradine
Lachlan
19 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Round 3 v Eagles - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 3 v Eagles

Post by Oldfella Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:24 pm

F*** ----- if we did not have bad luck we would have no luck.

In: Charlie Allan (Emg.), Jono Beech, Mitch Maguire, Max Marslen, Lucas Meline, Tom Morrish, Tom Rundle (Emg.)

Out: Kaiden Brand (H&S Protocols), Harry Lemmey (H&S Protocols), Luke Redfern (H&S Protocols), Josh Ryan (Concussion)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:06 pm

That backline looks a little light on, be surprised if we are within 40pts based on the squad named.
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:07 pm

Lachlan wrote:I can’t believe young Couroupis hasn’t been named in the league side after missing last week wiih Covid. He is a much better player than Karpanny and Morrish.

I am nonplussed. How could Couroupis get passed over. Lachlan, one of the players you mentioned made two very bad defensive errors in the last quarter on Saturday, both resulted in goals.

Oldfella, I think you might be right, we indeed seem to have been born under a bad sign.

A very tough assignment. I guess all we can ask for is a four quarter effort.

Go Bloods
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:30 pm

The other 2 selections that baffle me are Nick Steele and Davidson.
With Beech coming into the side you don’t need to play Steele.
Davidson has pace and it’s an area we really struggle with, but he doesn’t find enough of the footy. He’s played on the wing this year and wingers need to get well over 20 possessions a game.
Chamberlain should be in ahead of him.
Of the 25 selected Steele misses out based on the makeup of the side and the inclusion of Beech.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:43 pm

Gee whiz, bad luck has hit us this week.
Keough surely has to play back this week.
Could be a blood bath this week!!
Selection baffling once again…….

The positive is that only 1 Menzel can destroy us 👍

Last edited by Wolf Pack on Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 782

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:57 pm

Agree Lachlan, surely Couroupis is the future, rather than Morrish and Karpany, besides which he's already a better player than both. And I would have thought Babic's height advantage might give us an edge in ruck because if anyone goes body-on-body with Redden (assuming he plays) they are no hope.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1343

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:09 pm

Couroupis did a pre season with Richmond last year.
Obviously he has talent and agree with other posters, should be in the team.
We are making no progress but continue with players that have been at the club for years without having an impact at League level.
Still waiting for Cleeland, Hupfield, Karpany and the Fairlie Brothers to show something at League level……
Also need to see something from Gore who has been extremely disappointing this year
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:38 pm

Spot on Wolf Pack.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:13 pm

I agree Wolf Pack.
Brad Gotch is a very experienced coach, but his selection of recycled players baffles me. When he came to the club he talked about developing our list,and so far he has done very little of that.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:48 pm

Yes, I think all supporters are frustrated at the moment.
We want to see improvement in performance.
We aren’t seeing it.
Lots of good players have left the club in the past 18 months.
They were not buying in on what our coach / club was selling……
It’s hard not to be critical when the club is on its knees on field and off!!
The win/loss columns will determine the fate of the coach you would expect. Football is a performance based industry.
So far it’s 2 wins and 18 losses and a losing streak of 15…….

On a side note Tom Scully kicked another bag of 7 tonight in the under 18s.
14 goals in 2 games!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:54 pm

Kobe Ryan with well over 30 touches and 2 goals again. Young Scully has kicked 7 again.

I'd be at least playing Couroupis and Ryan in front of some of our Reserves standard players.

Give us something to get excited about.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:02 pm

Having just watched the U18s it's a farce that Ryan is playing in that grade. He's better than half a dozen of our "League" players already. Scully has kicked 22 goals in 4 games. He's skinny but why not have a look at him at Reserves level at least. The U18s are a joy to watch - they make good decisions, they play on quickly and they have some genuine skill. There is quite a pool of potential League talent there. I particularly like Judd Hansen who reminds me a bit of Aaron Fielke. But we need to fast track these guys. Sometimes I wonder if we're more interested in trying to win flags at junior levels.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:17 am

Totally agree Aldo!
It doesn’t make a lot sense. The League Team is a mess and we need to see an injection of youth into it.
Let’s hope we see a couple of these exciting players.soon!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Coolie Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:35 am

That time and time again the question of "blooding" new players arises - or lack of - to the detriment of the success of the seniors. It begs the question why ? What is the clubs ultimate responsibity/aim ? I profer, dispite what they say publically, it is to produce and nurture propective players aspiring to AFL level. We have seen it before if the way we have manged talent eg Thrilthorpe etc. There in lies the conundrum. Bring them up too early, and risk burn out or worse, long term injury or leave them where they are - never to wear the senior' top. Since the time of Rehn, when he stated his/the clubs role was to produce AFL footballers we appear to be reticent to bring these talented kids on too early - leaving us, as supporters frustrated in witnessing loss after loss and NOT having the opportunity to enjoy watching their development and success in the league ranks. Not playing kids goes beyond the coach and selection panel and IMO is entrenched in the Clubs core purpose.
Coolie

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:46 am

Excellent post, Coolie.

There doesn t seem to be any obvious direction with our football strategy except to fill our team with whoever might be available from country leagues interstate. That isn't a criticism if our recruiters, but certainly is a criticism of the lack of any clear direction or process in our football department, who we are told have met their KPIs!

There has been one period since Shaun Rehn when we quickly promoted juniors - Snelling, Haysman, Brind, etc.

To not be playing Kobe Ryan at a time when we have no quality mixfielders is astounding. What is there to lose? Getting besten by 12 goals instead of 10 at worst, getting some excitement and hope and talent in the team at best.

Our crowds have dropoed off and I see no green shoots.

Playing our best jumiors would be a green shoot.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Coolie Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:08 am

oops. remiss of me not to acknowledge that year and those players. But it does demonstrate what confidence in developing players will do..
Unless we start winning games it will be irrelevant who we play because there will be no one there to see them.... Clubs have to give their supporters SOMETHING if they expect loyalty in return.
Better football brains than I advocate giving these kids a go - the question is (as stated on this forum before) what have WE the supporters and the Club got to loose
It would at least show the Club has the interests of its rusted on supporters at heart..
Coolie

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:30 am

Well, the powerbrokers decided handing the club over to sponsors and business people who'd rarely watched us play would be the way to go, along with disenfranchising the members.

Just sad and I fear for our future. So many rusted on supporters becoming disillusioned.

I recently again offered help as a Life Member and was told to either find a sponsor or buy a meal as they weren't interested in the past!

Stronger together.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:38 am

aldo russian wrote:Josh Ryan, Brand and Lemmey all out. Help.
OMG.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:49 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:Well, the powerbrokers decided handing the club over to sponsors and business people who'd rarely watched us play would be the way to go, along with disenfranchising the members.

Just sad and I fear for our future. So many rusted on supporters becoming disillusioned.

I recently again offered help as a Life Member and was told to either find a sponsor or buy a meal  as they weren't interested in the past!

Stronger together.

Not interested in the past. Where did they look when trying to figure out why the club existed?

In recent months the Board and staff have started to refocus our attention on the real reason why we have a Club. What is the single purpose of our Club’s existence? What binds us all as members and supporters and keeps us coming back as a collective group, day in and day out?

To discover the answer, we turned to the Constitution of the Club. We decided that it was time to listen again to the words of the founders of the Club from more than 130 years ago.

We celebrate past achievements all the time. (premierships/130 years in the competition) The past is important. It provides a foundation for all football clubs.

... handing the club over to sponsors and business people who'd rarely watched us play

There has been a few interesting comments surrounding the selection of a new AFL CEO. McGuire had this to say:

I think we have to get back to someone who understands football. We have to get grassroots growing again.

There clearly has to be a balance. I think the club is now paying the price for a period of imbalance. Not wishing to be overly pessimistic, but we would have to be favourites to win our fourth consecutive wooden spoon. Lee, you mentioned that, so many rusted on supporters [are] becoming disillusioned. Is it any wonder when club reports don't reflect what supporters are seeing and feeling. The last coach's report certainly didn't reflect what I saw. The same applies to several President's reports.

I also fear for our future if things don't improve soon. Let's hope the club is able to capitalise on the opportunities that the redevelopment of the Richmond Oval precinct will provide.

PS
I agree with the many posters who are calling for an injection of youth into the team. At least it might provide some excitement.
Go Bloods
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:55 pm

after another 7.2 today surely Tom Scully will get promoted to the reserves or league sigh

https://sanfl.com.au/league/matches/117400401/?viewing=overview

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:21 pm

I must have been at a different game last week to the coach , ( ive booked in to the optician to get my eyes checked ) because i didnt see what he sees .Sorry K Karpany u need a spell in the ressies 2 errors in the last quarter cost us goals. Im going to the Eagles game lets hope we have a 4 quarter effort.
merrick
merrick

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:55 pm

Maguire in the Reserves. If he's not a better player than several in the League side today, why did we recruit him?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:08 pm

Looking at the sides this year. Someone other than the coach must be selecting the sides. Not brining up our juniors will be a big mistake they will try other clubs. It will only be time when Disenchantment, loss of enthusiasm kicks in.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:47 pm

Well, I suppose we'll take that.  We try hard and battled it out, but it was a very mistake-riddled, fumbly game by both sides where the Eagles only seemed to do what they had to.  We had way fewer scoring shots and way fewer inside 50s, but their inaccuracy kept us in it.

The upsides were Carmichael, our best player and one to look forward to, a very good pick-up.  Marslen did pretty well and gave us a presence up forward.  Kicked 3, could have had 5 or 6.  Hartlett a very good first half, ran out of steam.

With that team, a good effort, but our style bottles up the play and we don't score much, with many chances being wasted because of poor skills.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:22 pm

Couldn’t do much more than what we did today!
We were never going to win but some promising signs.
We still are the worst skilled side in the league constantly missing the body by hand and foot.
Agree with Lee, it was a good effort.
We need to find another midfielder.
A win will come but not sure if it will be soon….
The streak continues -16!!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next