Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Womens Football

4 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Womens Football Empty Womens Football

Post by Oldfella Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:27 am

I may be alone with these thoughts but I consider that the West Adelaide Woman's Football Program has a huge part to play in the future growth and financial success of the West Adelaide Football Club.

This belief is from considering such facts as potential to increase Membership numbers, lower the overall age of the Membership and diversification of Members. Potential increase in sales of club apparel and money raised from our various facilities.

In my opinion the Male aspect of the West Adelaide Football Program is stagnant due to factor such as potential new young supporters are going elsewhere as SANFL footy no longer is a draw.

I would be interested in what other think on this matter --- PLEASE  GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1040
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Womens Football Empty Re: Womens Football

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:54 am

I agree, oldfella.

I consider bringing women's football under the umbrella of the West Adelaide Football Club to be one of the things I was proud we achieved while I was President.

It was a hard battle, as the CEO of the time was anything but supportive, but there were many good people who made it happen.

I was happy top be a women's team sponsor on their guernsey a couple of years ago.

In the first year, they couldn't even get their guernseys until well into the season and had to struggle to be recognised by many at the Club. One Past President even complained that the SANFL Medal winner was recognised by the Club in our front office display.

Look at them now, great to see.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2174

Back to top Go down

Post by Coolie Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:14 am

Agree, with the rising status of the womens' game it is an aspect of the club that needs nurturing and promoting. It certainly raises the opportuntiy to expand our supporter base ; the key being to embrace every aspect of the game to keep the players AND supporters here and ensure the women WANT to play for the Bloods. Build on the good work done earlier.
Unfortunately the demise in numbers of young supporters is alarming. It is my opinion that we (clubs in general) lost a lot of them a generation ago. With the expansion, promotion of the AFL and some decisions made by SANFL people now in 20, 30 -40s turned to the AFL as their game of choice. It is to be expected that their children follow AFL teams. I have witnessed a break in the traditional supporter base as the game has been tinkered with in an attempt to make it more AFL appropriate. (I did not use the word "better" intentionally). I also think changing game times impacts on a young family's ability to follow and be involved in all sports. Changes in demographics of catchment areas also impacts on the club's ability to attract youngsters. A couple of good wins by the league team wouldn't go astray either. Just some meandering thoughts from an oldie..
Coolie

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:18 am

Good comment my friend

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1040
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:52 am

Agree, Coolie.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2174